Peel Land & Property is bringing forward plans for a new development to be known as Trafford Waters. The proposed development will create a sustainable urban neighbourhood, including a vibrant residential community and diverse business community, on a site situated on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford, close to the Trafford Centre and Trafford Leisure Village.
Trafford Waters will be a sustainable, integrated urban neighbourhood that will include:
- A vibrant residential community, making a significant contribution to help meet the housing needs of a growing population with up to 3,000 new homes in a new neighbourhood, of a type currently unavailable anywhere else in Manchester
- A diverse business community, with approximately 750,000ft2 of office space, helping to unlock business and employment opportunities with high-specification new offices
- Approximately 125,000ft2 of new small-scale shops, food and drink outlets and community uses, helping to create a space for residents, employees and visitors to live, work and play
- A new primary school to serve residents
- High-quality public space and landscaping with green and water corridors throughout the development
- Infrastructure improvements that together with public transport links will make Trafford Waters easily accessible from across the region